Monday, December 31, 2012

Thank You 2012

Time for my 2012 Knitting Year in Review!  This is the time that I look back on my FO's and look forward to the next year.

Here we go!

Cowls  5, I'm counting Dad's Knightly hat/cowl combo as a cowl.

Hats  7

Shawls/Scarves  10, four were those ruffle yarn scarves, four were Stephen West designs and 2 were lace.

Albers Square Project  this is ongoing.  First four squares!  The must recent one was a bit screwed up color wise but it's still a usable square.  Will reknit it when I'm ready.

Feet thigns 2  First pair of socks in nearly two years and one pair of baby booties.

One non Hedgie Toy.  Set of three Grumpy Lumps Coal.  Counting as one.

Dishcloths 15 I love a good dishcloth.

Illusion Knitting 2  Sort of like big dishcloths.  Mockingjay pattern.

Sweaters  2  Both cotton summer sweaters.

Hedgies FVIE!  Back to the Hedgie Love.  Four were gifted, one had fun fur melty felty issues.  Love the Hedgies.

I total 53 FO's for 2012!  Lower number then previous years but no worries.  I continued to enjoy my knitting.  I participated in 3 mystery KAL's.  One Stephen West's Rockefeller, a lace shawl and a Mystery Sock.  Then I completed 4 projects in Stephen West's ChoreoKnit KAL.

Today I cast on my Birthday Malabrigo Rasta for a seed stitch Mobius Cowl.  I followed Cat Bordhi's Mobius Cast on.






The cast on is ingenious and the yarn is a soft fluffy dream!  I'm knitting with Grandma J's size 15 old school Addi Turbos.  Love!  Only cat on 45 so it's going to be a bit on the snug side, but no worries.  Going to do Jenny's SSBO in purl for the bind off.

I don't really have any resolutions for 2013 other to enjoy life and knitting.  I'm grateful for my many blessings.



Happy Knitting!



1 comment:

Robin said...

Happy New Year- in addition to knitting you have quilting too. Thanks for a year of friendship.